LetsPy 2019 Code of Conduct
LetsPy is a community conference intended for networking and collaboration in the developer community.
We value the participation of each member of the Python community and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout the conference and at all conference events, whether officially sponsored by the Girlscript Foundation.
To make clear what is expected, all staff, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, organizers, and volunteers at any LetsPy event are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
LetsPy is dedicated to providing a positive conference experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, or religion (or lack thereof), education, or socio-economic status.
Examples of behaviour that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Being kind to others
- Behaving professionally
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behaviour by participants include:
- Harassment of conference participants in any form
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Violent threats or language directed against another person
- Sexual language and imagery in any conference venue, including talks
- Insults or put-downs
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or exclusionary jokes
- Excessive swearing
- Unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Other conduct that is inappropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds
Participants asked to stop any inappropriate behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in behaviour that violates this code of conduct, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you believe that someone is violating the code of conduct during a LetsPy event, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the event staff immediately.
- LetsPy Incident Report Hotline
In case of a conflict of interest, you can individually contact:
- Mohit Varu
- Mohit Varu – Director of Operations
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist any attendee to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.